Hector Pimentel on being a Performer and Musician
A variety of articles have quoted
Hector Pimentel. Here’s a few of Hector’s thoughts about being a performer,
artist and musician.
- "We are trying to promote more
interest in the guitar."
- "Professionals need and deserve
the finest guitars to enhance their techniques."
- "My brothers and my father make
guitars for the world. I'm making music my business – literally and artistically."
- "There is a Pimentel phenomenon,
composed of family strength and support, which I know I can always count on."
- "I learned to be sensitive to
others’ feelings – a crucial factor in all my work."
- "Teaching doesn't sound as glamorous
as performing, and it doesn't have the same glittering image. But helping
students is one of the great satisfactions of my life."
- "I don't try to create Hector
Pimentel clones; I like to think I teach from the heart, not for the ego."
- "I want to see Albuquerque become
a world-class guitar community."
- "The guitar is a beautiful instrument,
but it's also a very valuable one to carry on our musical heritage."
- Pimentel remembers meeting Andres
Segovia, the Spanish classical guitarist, at Popejoy Hall. "He told me to
continue playing, He encouraged me."
- Pimentel has not accepted a recording
contract offered by RCA records. "Maybe later; I enjoy New Mexico."
- "The sound of the guitar is as
beautiful and as rare as the guitar itself."